If you'd like to create a backup of your lists as an archive, or to import them back into a new Wunderlist account, follow the steps below:
- Open up your web browser on your desktop/Mac and log into www.wunderlist.com (on Chrome, Firefox or Safari). Note: the Backup option is not available for Internet Explorer and Edge browsers
- Click on your Avatar picture at the top left of the screen and select Account Settings:
- Here you'll find buttons to create a backup or to import your data that you've already backed up:
If you are using Safari, you will additionally need to right click on the button, then pick "Download linked file as..." and add the extension .json to the file name.
It's important to remember that the backup only contains your Lists, To-dos, Subtasks, Reminders and Notes. It does not include Files, Shared Lists you don't own, Comments, Assignees or the list members of any Shared Lists.
Here's some important info about Importing your back-up file:
- The import process can take some time depending on the the amount of lists and to-dos you have. We'll send an email letting you know when it's all done.
- All the lists imported from your backup will be added to your account. This way you can easily keep the to-dos and lists you need, and delete the ones you don't.